Are you wondering what the orange drinks that have been taking over your Instagram and Facebook feeds? One of Italy’s most popular drinks has been taking the world by storm and rightfully so. The Aperol Spritz is the drink of the summer because of it’s refreshing and fruity flavor.
Aperol is an aperitivo or aperitif, an alcoholic drink taken before a meal to stimulate the appetite. Aperol was created in Padua in the 1910s by the Barbieri Brothers after inheriting the company from their father. Aperol is still the same recipe from 1919, but the aperol spritz did not gain popularity until the 1950s. Since then, the drink has grown in popularity. A great thing about this drink is the simple ingredients and how easy it is to make it!
Heres how to make it:
1. Fill a glass with ice
2. Add the Aperol and Prosecco
*the amount of Aperol and Prosecco you adds depends on your personal preference. If you prefer sweet drinks to bitter drinks, add more Prosecco than Aperol. Aperol is a bitter*
3. Add a dash of soda water
4. Garnish with an orange slice
You can never go wrong with a classic Aperol Spritz, but there are a few variations that are fun to try! Here are 4 other ways for to enjoy Aperol
- Aperol Mimosa
- replace the soda water in the classic spritz with some orange juice! The sweet OJ pairs great with the orange bitter and makes for a great mimosa option
- Aperol Margarita
- Add a splash of Aperol into your favorite margarita recipe!
- With Rose’
- replace the Prosecco with your favorite Rose’ for a still refreshing, but slightly sweeter spritz
- Add St. Germain
- Not crazy about how bitter the spritz is? Add some St. Germain! This elderflower liqueur is incredibly sweet and contrasts the bitter Aperol to make this cocktail take a sweeter flavor
You can add other juices, mixers, fruit… the options are endless! Have fun experimenting with this versatile cocktail!
From Our Family To Yours